NEC SL1000 Is End of Life: Here are Your Options
NEC announced in 2018 that they would be discontinuing the SL1000 PBX System and related handsets and equipment following the successful release of their SL2100 PBX Phone System. Although NEC stopped manufacturing the SL1000, new equipment was still available up until the end of 2019.
As an authorised NEC Dealer, we have installed and maintained thousands of SL1000 systems at our clients over the last decade or so and would like to keep you informed of the following announcements:
- The SL1000 Hardware, Main Software and Licenses have now been discontinued and are no longer available for purchase;
- The SL1000 system cannot use any of the interface cards available on the SL2100;
- The SL2100 digital and the 8IPLD IP terminal can be used on the SL1000 systems provided that appropriate software is installed on the SL1000;
- Only the current version of MyCalls for the SL1000 will be supported, no future releases of MyCalls will be supported on the SL1000; and
- Only the current version of InApps will be supported. Clients who wish to use the latest version of InApps should consider upgrading to the NEC SL2100.
Can I still purchase NEC SL1000 stock?
You will not be able to purchase any new stock since the SL1000 is now end of life, however United Telecoms does supply refurbished SL1000 hardware, including main units and handsets. You can view these here.
Do I need to replace my system now?
You do not have to replace your system now however if you foresee moving premises, expanding your system or requiring VoIP compatibility, we strongly advise planning for this now and recommend upgrading your system to the NEC SL2100 or our United Voice Cloud Hosted PBX.
Can I still get support for my NEC SL1000 now?
Yes, our technicians are still accredited to support and service the SL1000 system for as long as we possibly can, as long as you don’t require any new hardware or licenses.
Which system do you recommend I upgrade to?
For an on-premise solution, we recommend the NEC SL2100. Launched in 2018, the SL2100 has found great success within the market as a VoIP-enabled, unified communications platform.
If you would prefer a cloud solution, then our United Voice Cloud Hosted PBX is for you. An all-in-one communication solution that is rich in features and benefits.
Announcement from NEC
Please do not hesitate to contact us on 086 001 8101 should you have any questions on the discontinuation of the NEC SL1000 or if you would like to upgrade to the NEC SL21000 or our Cloud-Hosted Solution.